__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, August 14, 2009

Update on Background Noise

Here I thought that as a fresh business school grad (made the Dean's honour list on two separate years), I would be ahead of the curve. I thought that all of my knowledge, handed down from on high, would aid me in becoming a business leader of tomorrow; I thought I could become the next entrepreneurial wonder, a man that wasn't just another smarmy young schlep in a cheap suit.
I am supposed to be a good business man.

So you can imagine how I felt when I realized how embarrassingly antiquated, how unbearably last year, my most recent post was. Several real business men/women heard the market's call and responded before I even got my paddle in the water. I've found websites that offer streaming white noise, though most seem to fall short of my idea to go beyond simply providing "relaxing" noises. My brother found an application from Apple offering a cornucopia of terrific atmospheric noises that help the listener to feel lifted out of their status quo.
I am crestfallen.

The only way I can finish this idea is to make a suggestion of a noise that I thought of recently. You're in a hotel, either in the pool area or walking down an adjacent hallway and you can hear it, just a little. It definitely has a water slide, and what I want to hear is that screeching of children flying down the slide in arrangements that are against the rules.

Hear it market? That's a call for something, now answer it.

No comments: